All clients of the agency will receive notice of the privacy practices. These practices are designed to protect the privacy, use and disclosure of protected health information in accordance with the federal requirements of the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act HIPAA regulations.
- The agency’s privacy practices are described in the notice.
- The notice of privacy practices is given to all clients at the time of admission.
- The notice of privacy practices is included in orientation and is given to all business associates.
- The notice of privacy practices is reviewed with all new employees during the agency orientation, and with all current employees annually.
- The agency makes the notice available to all who request it.
- The Notice of Privacy Practices will be revised as needed to reflect changes in the agency practice, state, or federal regulations. When revisions are necessary all staff, clients, and business associates will be informed of the changes and given a revised copy of the notice.
- The Privacy Officer will retain copies of the original Notice of Privacy Practices and any revisions for a period of six (6) years from the date of its creation or when it was last in effect.
- All employees and business associates of the agency are required to adhere to the privacy practices as detailed in the Notice.
- The privacy practices and requirements of the agency are detailed further in the privacy policies in this manual.
- Violations of the agency’s privacy practices will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment or contracts.
- The Notice is posted in a clear and prominent location within the Agency and/or on the agency website.